Great things in business are never done by one person. They’re done by a team of people.
The Success story of Leena Group, the Kottakkal based hospitality business entity begins with its humble start by Late M.K. Ramunni Nair, a great visionary and a passionate entrepreneur in the Malabar sector. The saga began in the year 1964 with its forte in the automobile industry. While the industry prospered well, he ventured into entertainment diligence in 1974 with the inception of the first permanent cinema theatre ‘Leena Theatre’ in Kottakkal town. He was in the limelight of the business scenario, and keen on transmitting the unique business cult to the next generation inspiring them to venture into the hospitality industry, later in 1988, which blossomed to the present Leena Group.
Today Mr. Ullattil Thilakan, the second son of this vibrant forerunner, is at the helm of affairs of the group fulfilling the ambitions of his proud father in a commendable manner. His elder brother Mr. Ullattil Achu, an NRI Management Professional, is the chairman of the group. Younger brothers Mr. Bharathan and Mr. Jayakrishnan, sisters and relatives, also render their able assistance and unconditional support for the smooth and efficient functioning of the group.
- 1964 Leena Group traces its origin back to this year. Late M.K. Ramunni Nair, a great visionary and a passionate entrepreneur has begun this business chain in the automobile sector.
- 1974 Inception of the first permanent cinema theatre ‘Leena Theatre’ in Kottakkal town.
- 1991 Initiated Three Star Hotel Pushpak Near Calicut Airport.
- 1999 New four star venture River Retreat at Cheruthuruthi
- 2001 Commenced a business class luxury hotel at Kottakkal, Rydges lnn
- 2019 Established new four star hotel Luxora Hotel & Spa at Thalappara and a luxury home stay Chembra Adobe at Wayanad
- Upcoming Five star Property Pushpak Grande Near Calicut Airport Kondotty